More Summer Snacks
By Victoria Jaurrieta
With the crazy high-temperature sand your kids running around outside, what’s better than some refreshing homemade treats. These easy snacks are not only filling but, easy to make and full of all kinds of goodness.
Brownie Waffle Ice-cream Sandwiches:
Preheat the waffle maker.
- Prepare your favorite brownie mix.
- Spray the plate of the waffle maker with cooking oil.
- Next, scoop 1⁄3 of the prepared brownie mix in the waffle maker then close the lid.
- Cook for about 6-8 minutes then carefully remove the waffle and allow it to cool.
- Break the waffle into the four sections and place half of them on top of a baking sheet.
- Smooth the ice cream on top then place the remaining slices on top to create a sandwich.
- Freeze for 2 hours then serve!
Berry (baby friendly) Yogurt Bark:
- Stir 1 1⁄2 cup of plain yogurt and as much strawberry puree as you desire together to make it smooth and remove all lumps.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread an even layer of yogurt onto it.
- Grab a handful of your favorite berries and puree them in a blender.
- Sprinkle the berries on top of the yogurt and place on the tray.
- Freeze until frozen, then break into pieces and enjoy!
Dole Whip Popsicles
- Combine 20 ounces of crushed pineapple and 6 ounces of pineapple juice into a blender on low.
- Once fully combined, add 4 ounces of heavy whipping cream and pulse until mixed.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 5 hours then enjoy!